- Boylan GB, Rennie JM, Chorley G, Pressler RM, Fox GF, Farrer K et al. Second-line anticonvulsant treatment of neonatal seizures: a video-EEG monitoring study. Neurology 2004; 62(3):486-488.
- Faul, S. Boylan, G. Connolly, S. Marnane, W, Lightbody, G. An Evaluation of Automated Neonatal Seizure Detection Methods, Clinical Neurophysiology, vol. 116 (7), pp 1533-1541, July 2005
- Filan F, Boylan GB, Chorley G, Davies A, Fox GF, Pressler R, Rennie JM. The relationship between the onset of electrographic seizure activity after birth and the time of cerebral injury in utero. BJOG 2005;112:504-507
- Boylan GB, Rennie J, Ryan CA & Connolly SC Seizure burden and outcome in the newborn baby European Congress of Clinical Neurophysiology, May 2005, Stockholm, Sweden
- Boylan GB. Clinical neurophysiology in the neonate: challenges for clinicians and engineers. Meeting of the Institute of Physics & Engineering in Medicine London, February 22nd 2005 Invited Speaker
- Faul, S. Geraldine Boylan, Sean Connolly, William Marnane and Gordon Lightbody, "A Method for the Blind Separation of Sources for use as the First Stage of a Neonatal Seizure Detection System", Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP '05), Philadelphia, March 2005, vol 5, pp 409-412
- Faul, S., Geraldine Boylan, Sean Connolly, William Marnane and Gordon Lightbody, Chaos Theory Analysis of the Newborn EEG: Is it Worth the Wait? 2005 IEEE International Workshop on Intelligent Signal Processing (WISP '05), Faro, Portugal, Sept 1, 2005, pp 381-386
- Murray DM, Boylan G B, Connolly S, Murphy BP, Ryan CA. Correlation of continuous video EEG monitoring and serial lactate measurements in hypoxic ischaemic encephalopathy. The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health; 9th spring meeting; University of York, 18-21 April 2005
- Murray, DM, MN O’Riordan, S. Gashout, GB Boylan, CA Ryan. Fetal heart rate patterns and timing of injury in HIE.. International Conference of Clinical Neurophysiology, Stockholm, May 2005
- Mahon, P.,Khan, E., Lynch, E., Faul, S., Boylan, G., McNamara, B., Shorten, G. A comparison of EEG entropy (using SE/RE indices) and predefined EEG parameters as monitors of sedation depth in ASA 1 or 2 adult patients receiving low dose propofol, South of ireland association of Anaesthetists, Autumn Scientific Meeting, Killarney, Oct 2005
- Dollard, J, Boylan GB, Ryan CA. How can we tell what is abnormal without knowing what is normal? Sleep patterns in the early post-natal period. Irish Paediatric Association Autumn Meeting, Dublin November 2005. Medal for best presentation
- Faul, S., Boylan, G.B. Connolly, S. Marnane, W. Lightbody, G. A Novel Automatic Neonatal Seizure Detection System, IEE Irish Signals and Systems Conference 2005, (ISSC '05), Dublin City University, Ireland, Sept 2005, pp 377
- Greene, B.R., G.B Boylan, P. de Chazal, R.B Reilly, C.A Ryan, “Analysis of Heart Rate Change in Neonates with Seizures”, 1st Annual Interdisciplinary Conference UCC, Cork, Nov 2005
- Mun, S., Murray,DM., Boylan, GB.,Connolly, S., Ryan, CA. Cerebral Blood Flow Velocity and continuous EEG monitoring in HIE. Annual UCC Faculty of Medicine and Health 13th Annual Medical Faculty Research Day 2005
- Murray DM, Ryan CA, Boylan GB, Fitzgerald AP, Connolly S. Prediction of seizures in asphyxiated neonates: correlation with continuous video-electroencephalographic monitoring. Irish Paediatric Association Autumn Meeting. November 2005.
- Murray, DM, Ali, I., Boylan, GB., Murphy, BP, Ryan, CA. Clinical expression of neonatal seizures: the tip of the iceberg. Annual UCC Faculty of Medicine and Health 13th Annual Medical Faculty Research Day 2005. Special commendation.
- Murray, DM, Boylan, GB, Connolly, S, Murphy, BP, Ryan, CA. Correlation of continuous video-EEG monitoring and serial lactate measurements in hypoxic-ischaemic encephalopathy. Irish Perinatal Society Meeting, May 2005.
- Murray, DM, GB Boylan, Connolly, S., Murphy, BP., Ryan, CA. Correlation of continuous video-EEG monitoring and serial lactate measurements in hypoxic-ischaemic encephalopathy. Annual UCC Faculty of Medicine and Health 13th Annual Medical Faculty Research Day 2005
- Murray, DM. Boylan, GB., Ryan, CA, Connolly, S. The evolution of early 24 hour video-EEG monitoring in hypoxic-ischaemic encephalopathy (HIE). Irish Neurological Association Annual Meeting, May 2005.